Family involvement and leadership are critical to the success of our programs. Policy Council is a governing body comprised of parent representatives elected by their center's/site's parent groups.
Policy Council works with program administrators and the PSESD Board to make decisions that directly affect our children and families.Policy Council also plays a key role in identifying the needs of low-income families with young children in our communities by creating a Community Needs Report. This information complements the data collected as part of the Community Assessment Report.
Policy Council meets monthly, November to November. Representatives are eligible for a parent leadership reimbursement, which is intended to help offset any costs associated with attending meetings. Center/Site staff and all members of the community are welcome to attend and observe these meetings.
- Shared Governance Guidance
- PSESD Early Learning Governance System (English and Spanish)
- Political Activities Procedure
- What is Policy Council? - A Resource for Families - new!
- Early Learning Policies - view all of Early Learning's Performance Standards and Policies
Policy Council Meetings