Here you'll find the questions we get the most.
If you don't see what's on your mind, please submit through the button below!
- System Requirements and Browsers
- Media Sources/Credits
Our website is compatible with most modern browsers. However, we highly recommend using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari for easier navigation.
We also use Google Drive to house our Early Learning Program Manual and other materials. The latest versions of Google Drive are compatible with these operating systems and browsers.
See our Accessibility Statement for more information.
- I used the search bar, but I can’t find what I’m looking for. What can I do?
- What if I don't know the name of the document I'm looking for?
Due to how the website platform is programmed, search results may tell you where something lives, but you might not get direct links to documents.
Use the ELPM Directory to learn which pages all current ELPM documents live. Early Learning staff are expected to learn the procedures and forms related to their roles and where to find them.
To look for something specific on a page, press Ctrl + F on your keyboard (to find) and type in keywords. A search bar will appear on your window, either at the top or the bottom, depending on your browser. Anything that matches your keywords will be highlighted on your window.
- I clicked on a document/video, but it won’t open (it is continuously spinning, and/or the screen is black). What do I do?
- I'm completing a New Staff Information Form (SIF), but I cannot submit because one of the required uploads does not apply to this position. What do I do?
- How do I know if a procedure or form has been updated?
- Can we have fillable PDF or online versions of required forms for parents who do not have access to a computer?
- I noticed an error on a form (e.g. a cell/table is locked when it shouldn't be, a formula in an Excel sheet is wrong). Who do I contact?
- I need to complete a fillable Word form. Why do I have to request access to edit?
- When I open a document, the page numbers are wrong, or the formatting looks strange. What happened?
This issue most often occurs in Microsoft Edge. If that is the browser you use, refresh and try again. If the issue persists, try any or all the following:
- Try another browser. We highly recommend using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to easily navigate through our website.
- Click the download icon found on the upper right corner and open the document from your Downloads folder.
- Restart your device.
- Look at your Wi-Fi connection and make sure it's up and running.
- Try resetting your Internet network settings.
- Make sure your device's operating system is running the latest version.
- Clear the cache and cookies.
- Try an incognito/private window (Ctrl + Shift + P).
Transcripts: Transcripts are required for Head Start/Early Head Start Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Family Support roles, and Home Visitors. If the position is none of these, you can bypass the requirement by uploading a blank Word or PDF doc. See Staff, Volunteers, and Subs for more information.
Internal PSESD Early Learning staff (Renton office) are not required to upload a transcript, even if their salaries are allocated from Head Start/Early Head Start funds. You can bypass the requirement by uploading a blank or placeholder document
Portable Background Check: This is required for all positions funded by HS/EHS/ECEAP. See Staff, Volunteers, and Subs for more information.
- ECEAP Only: Please complete and upload a Staff Member Safety Plan if a PBC is not yet complete.
- Staff who are funded by several grants may need to upload a blank or placeholder document, or upload the PBC twice.
Check out the ELPM Directory! It lists all current ELPM documents, where they live, when they were revised and published, and what changes were made (if any).
Revised dates are also noted at the bottom of every form and procedure.
We understand that downloadable and fillable Word forms may create a barrier for families, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. PSESD Early Learning manages a large number of forms and has been working to maintain compliance with Section 508. At this time, fillable PDFs are available in the Program Administration section of the Early Learning Program Manual, and fillable Word forms are available in other sections. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Some of our forms are completed directly through our website. Visit Forms Library for a list of these forms.
You do not need to request access to complete fillable Word or Excel forms. These should automatically download, or you'll be prompted to open or save the file.
Please note that Word and Excel forms are still password-protected. Staff and families must click "Enable Editing" and are limited to typing in specific fields.
- Who do I contact to inquire about your program(s)?
- Who do I contact for specific data or administrative support (e.g., ChildPlus, ELMS, not receiving emails, etc.)?
- Who do I contact if I have a general website question/concern or want to provide feedback?
- Who do I contact if my center/site information is incorrect on Find a Classroom?
Please call 425-917-7700 or 253-778-7700. If we are not able to answer your call, leave a detailed message, including if you need an interpreter. If you need an interpreter, we will arrange one before we return your call.
To speak to a staff member at a specific center/site, please visit Find a Classroom for their contact information.
You can learn more about our programs in Programs and Services.
Check out our Staff Directory! Our directory is divided into Teams and content areas. Each tab includes our staff's contact information, their roles, and/or the work they are responsible for.
Still not sure? General phone numbers and content-specific email addresses are at the top of our Contact Us page.
- Early Learning is Hiring - Natasha Hall
- Self-Assessment - RF._.studio
- Anti-Racism for Kids and Families - Ben den Engelsen
- Website Support - Olya Kobrusev
- Maria Oswalt
- Michelle Morse, PSESD