Here you'll find the questions we get the most.
If you don't see what's on your mind, please submit through the button below!
- I used the search bar, but I can’t find what I’m looking for. What can I do?
- What if I don't know the name of the document I'm looking for?
Due to how the website platform is programmed, search results may tell you where something lives, but you might not get direct links to documents. Here are two ways you can search instead:
Use the ELPM directory.
ELPM Directory and Updates lists all current ELPM documents and which webpages and tabs they live in. If you are looking for something specific, press Ctrl + F (to find) and type in keywords.
Use Ctrl + F on the page you're on.
If you know which webpage and tab a document lives, you can press Ctrl + F to find the specific document you're looking for. A search bar will appear on your window, either at the top or the bottom, depending on your browser.
Type in keywords and anything that matches will be highlighted on your window.
- What's the difference between "view" and "direct download"?
- I noticed an error on a form (e.g. a cell/table is locked when it shouldn't be, a formula in an Excel sheet is wrong). Who do I contact?
- I clicked on a document, but it won’t open (it is continuously spinning, and/or the screen is black). What do I do?
- I need to complete a fillable Word form. Why do I have to request access to edit?
- When I open a document in "view" mode, the page numbers are wrong, or the formatting looks strange. What happened?
- How do I know if a procedure or form has been updated?
- I'm completing a New Staff Information Form (SIF), but I cannot submit because one of the required uploads does not apply to this position. What do I do?
- Can we have fillable PDF or online versions of required forms for parents who do not have access to a computer?
Forms in our Early Learning Program Manual are available as "direct downloads". Forms linked within procedures, newsletters, or online courses, however, may open in "view" mode.
Note: Procedures are available in "view" mode only.
View: The form opens in a separate window and you can preview what it looks like before downloading.
Direct Download: The form downloads directly to your computer when you click on it.
Note: In Firefox, a pop-up window may appear with additional prompts if you haven't downloaded before.
This happens occasionally and is unique to the user. You can refresh and try again. If the issue persists, try any or all the following:
- Click the download icon found on the upper right corner and open the document from your Downloads folder.
- Restart your device.
- Look at your Wi-Fi connection and make sure it's up and running.
- Try resetting your Internet network settings.
- Make sure your device's operating system is running the latest version.
- Try another browser.
- Clear the cache and cookies. Click the browser you use below for instructions on how to do this:
- Try an incognito/private window.
- Google Chrome – Ctrl + Shift + N
- Mozilla Firefox – Ctrl + Shift + P
- Microsoft Edge – Ctrl + Shift + P
- Apple Safari – File > New Private Window
If you open a "view" mode of a Word form instead of a "direct download", you do not need to request access to complete it. Simply click the download icon on the upper right corner of your screen. Please do not click "Open with Google Docs" (or Google Sheets) if that option is available to you.
Don't see the download icon? Please email Venissia Buyco.
Please note that Word and Excel forms are still password-protected. Staff and families must click "Enable Editing" and are limited to typing in specific fields.
Check out ELPM Directory and Updates! This document lists all current ELPM documents, where they live, when they were revised and published, and what changes were made (if any). Most recent updates are highlighted in orange. If you are looking for something specific, press Ctrl + F (to find) and type in keywords.
Transcripts: Transcripts are required for Head Start/Early Head Start Teaching and Family Support positions. If the position is not funded out of PSESD Head Start or Early Head Start grants, you can bypass the requirement by uploading a blank Word or PDF doc. See Hiring and Staff Qualifications for more information.
Internal PSESD Early Learning staff (Renton/Puyallup office) are not required to upload a transcript, even if their salaries are allocated from Head Start/Early Head Start funds. You can bypass the requirement by uploading a blank Word or PDF doc.
Portable Background Check, Criminal Record Check, or Staff Member Safety Plan: Please complete and upload a Staff Member Safety Plan if a PBC or CRC are not yet complete. This is required for all positions, regardless of how they are funded (remember: you do not need to submit SIFs for occasional substitutes). See Hiring and Staff Qualifications for more information.
This upload is not required for Internal PSESD Early Learning staff (Renton/Puyallup office) and will not appear on the form. Background checks and tracking are done by PSESD Human Resources through OSPI.
We understand that downloadable and fillable Word forms may create a barrier for families, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the large number of forms that PSESD Early Learning manages, and for compliance with Section 508 to be more achievable, we have decided to use downloadable Word forms at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Per our COVID-19 Guidance, your center/site may create an online version of the PSESD Early Learning Application. Please consider Personally Identifiable Information (PII), web security, and FERPA compliance if your center/site decides to take this approach.
Some of our forms are completed directly through our website. Visit Forms Library for a list of these forms.
- Who do I contact for specific data or administrative support (e.g., ChildPlus, ELMS, not receiving emails, etc.)?
- Who do I contact if I have a general website question or want to provide feedback?
- Who do I contact if my center/site information is incorrect on Find a Classroom?
Check out our Staff Directory! Our directory is divided into our four Site Support Teams (A, B, C, and D). Each Team includes contact information for all PSESD Early Learning staff, their roles, and the work they are responsible for.
Still not sure? Visit the Contact Us page for our general phone numbers and content-specific emails.