Parent Professional Learning
Professional and personal growth opportunities are available to any family currently enrolled in Head Start, ECEAP, or Early Head Start, and to past parents who are currently participating in Policy Council.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Bus Driver Training (revised 8/1/18)
- Interpreter Training (revised 8/1/18)
- Peer Health Educator (revised 8/1/18) - Learn how to advocate for your family's health
- Peer Literacy Educator (revised 8/1/18) - Learn how parents can help their children be successful in school
- Peer Math Educator (revised 8/1/18) - Learn information designed to help parents understand the importance of increasing a child's competence and confidence in math
- Peer Money Educator (revised 8/1/18) - Learn knowledge to empower yourself and your family
Child care will NOT be available on site for any of our Parent Professional Learning Opportunities. Child care and mileage will be supplemented for parents/guardians of enrolled Head Start, Early Head Start, or ECEAP children according to current policies.
Parent Professional Learning — Peer Programs Brochure
Request Peer Programs brochures
Getting Started in Peer Programs
Learn the impact our Peer Leadership Training Program can have on you, your family, your site, and your community in this 4-minute video. Also available translated in Spanish.
Mentoring in Peer Programs
Parent Mentors share insights gained during their three years with Peer Programs in this 6-minute video.
PARENT PROFESSIONAL LEARNING FORMS AND PROCEDURES
- Parent Professional Learning Procedure (revised 8/1/18) - Use this tool to as your checklist
- Parent Referral Procedure (revised 8/1/18)
- 2018-2019 Parent Professional Learning Electronic Referral Forms (NEW 8/1/2018)
- Teachback Request Procedure
- Parent Professional Learning Electronic Teachback Request Form for Peer Programs (NEW 6/15/2018)
- Teachback Requests must be recieved 3 WEEKS IN ADVANCE in order to be scheduled.
Peer Programs "Print & Post" Flyers:
- Parent Professional Leraning Peer Programs Info Sheet: English Spanish
- Peer Health Teachback: English Spanish
- Peer Literacy Teachback: English Spanish
- Peer Math Teachback: English Spanish
- Peer Money Teachback: English Spanish
All family support staff has access to Parent Professional Learning Resources that are updated yearly. You should keep on-hand the detailed fact sheets (found at-top) for each of the Parent Professional Learning Opportunities available to share with families.
- Staff List (revised 6/1/18)
- Parent Professional Learning Opportunities (revised 8/1/18)
- 2018-2019 Professional Learning Calendar (revised 8/1/18)
- Family Support Staff Roles and Responsibilities (revised 8/1/18)
- GED Information
- GED Testing Centers in King and Pierce County
If you have questions or need additional information about the PSESD Parent Professional Learning program, please contact:
|For Bus Driver training:
King Co. — 425-917-7886
Pierce Co. — 253-778-7886
|For Interpreter training:
King Co. — 425-917-7819
Pierce Co. — 253-778-7819
For Parent Professional training: