Early Learning — Self-Assessment
MAY 30, SELF-ASSESSMENT: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
During the month of April, more than 150 site staff and parents participated in Self-Assessment events held in King and Pierce Counties to provide input on the six topics listed below. On May 30, we would like to come together for a final time with staff and parents to look at key themes we’ve identified from the input received in April. The purpose of this Self-Assessment event is to analyze input in order for staff and parents to make recommendations about how we should move forward to improve our Early Learning program.
- Professional Learning: Professional learning impacting practice
- School Readiness: Establishing, assessing and adjusting school readiness goals
- ERSEA: Promoting attendance
- Family Engagement: Meeting goals and preparing children for success in school
- Health Follow Up: Addressing identified health needs
- Cultural Competencyto Eliminate the Opportunity Gap: Serving diverse populations
PLEASE REGISTER A TEAM
- Center Directors and Family Support, please work together to recruit and register your center staff and parents. Your team can be the same team that attended in April, or a different team. Note: Please do not have your team members register themselves – this has caused confusion in the past.
- We would like to have each role* at your center represented at this event. We understand that for some centers, you may not be able to send one person per role, so please work within your resources to send whomever you can.
- It is important that we gain input from a wide variety of parents, so please be sure to recruit a variety parents who represent the cultural and language groups in your program.
- Interpreters will be provided. You will indicate interpreters needs when you register online.
*Roles may include, but are not limited to Policy Council Representative, Parent, Center Director, Center Coordinator, Site Supervisors, Family Support, Family Advocate, Teacher, Teacher Assistant, etc…
STAKEHOLDER MEETING: 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. (lunch served from 12:00-12:30)
An additional optional meeting will occur after the Self-Assessment for those who wish to attend. This purpose of this meeting is for staff and parents to give input on decisions we are making as we integrate the Head Start Guide and ECEAP PAD Manual into one early learning program manual. If you have staff or parents who would like to attend this meeting, but not the Self-Assessment, you can register them for ONLY this meeting by using the registration link below. Note: Center Directors will have an opportunity to give input after the Center Director Meeting on 5/22 (meeting invite and registration for 5/22 to follow).
The registration link below will allow you to register for both the Self-Assessment and the Stakeholder Meeting.
Registration deadline: Friday, May 23rd